CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bittersweet

It has been bittersweet for me since Saturday night.
I had to say goodbye to my most favoritist car I have ever owned.
As hard as I tried to fit 3 carseats in the back of this beauty,
it just wouldn't work.
So I've been trying to get used to the idea that I
would eventually have to let it go. But I really wasn't
prepared when the time finally came.
I cried.
Later that night after we got home I told Brad
it felt like we lost a member of the family.
This car has been so fun to drive, so smooth, so reliable.
I LOVE THIS CAR!!




We have a new member of the family now.
I hope I can learn to love this MINIVAN, yes minivan,
as much as I loved my Honda Accord.
It's a Toyota Sienna, it's nice, but
I'm afraid I hold some psychological resentment
against it because I had to get rid of my Honda for it.
Not that it's the van's fault, but it's still true.
I love the charcoal gray color,
there, something positive to end on.







8 comments:

Keri said...

I can understand your sadness...I felt the same way after switching cars once. I, too, like the charcoal color. And just think, now you'll have plenty of space!

~~heather said...

(((hugs))) I too completely understand. I had to give up my Honda Accord for a F-250 Diesel when my 3 child was born. At least your switch is to a car for the mom to enjoy... LOL... I resented I had to give up my favorite car for Jestin's new truck! It really is a beautiful minivan... and you will fall in love with it soon, as you realize how family friendly those things are! :) Condolences for your loss...

The Chizel Family said...

for sad, but hey now you'll have room for friends to come along too!!

Jeremy and Ashley Bogard said...

LOL you are too funny! I would probably cry too. But you'll probably love it when the 3rd comes. You have any names yet?

faith said...

At least you got a Sienna! They are great. Congratulations! :)

devinandamie said...

the first thing i thought when i saw these pictures was :
"oh wow, the mountains are so beautiful." But that car is so so great, I would cry too... can't you just JAM im in there? haha. Of course you got a beautiful minivan too.. and yes, minivans are very very convenient, we have even camped in ours when we were too lazy to set up a tent, just popped open then back and put airmattress inside...better protection from bears too! We call it "vanning" I think this activity will help you get to love you van quicker.

Natalie said...

You are a real mom now! :)

Hupp Family said...

Hee Hee you're a minivan mom!! ;)