CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Announcing Kate Lanette Gasaway!

Well, I accomplished everything on my list of 5 things to do from my tag on Friday. I was as comfortably settled in bed as I could be being so pregnant that night and at about 11:20 PM my water broke! I called Rachel and asked if she and Tyler could come spend the night here to take care of Daylen, so as soon as they got here we took off for the hospital. We did have time while we were waiting to leave to take one more picture, so here I am as pregnant as I was going to get this time around. We got to the hospital just after midnight and Kate was born at 3:13 AM! It was a pretty fast labor and delivery overall, which I am grateful for. She was 7 lbs even and 19 inches long. She has a massive amount of hair, I think she has more than Daylen has right now. She is an absolute cutie, but I may be biased. She has her Grandma Gasaway's nose, we still are waiting for our red head. We are all doing great, baby is healthy and I am feeling so much better now than I did after having Daylen. I feel so much more energized and I can actually walk at a mornal speed without getting winded. I was ready to come home last night, but it hadn't even been 24 hours yet, so we got to come home about 12:30 this afternoon. It's so nice to be home and not cooped up in a small hospital room. Here are some pictures of our new little bundle of joy!







15 comments:

Emily Judd said...

oh my gosh congratulations!! She is so beautiful! I love all of that hair! I can't believe your labor was so fast and I am so glad you are feeling good! So did you get an epidural? Cuz that's FAST!

Keri said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful & has tons of hair, too! I'm glad to hear you're feeling pretty good. Take it easy.

Mrs. Mandy said...

You look great. Daylen is going to be an awesome big brother! I can't wait to see all of you! Kate is beautiful.

Natalie said...

She IS beautiful! Congratulations. I am glad everything went so well.

Becky said...

Yay!! I was right, it was on Julia's 2 month birthday. :) How perfect that your mom comes today, too. Kate is adorable!! :)

Jamie said...

I think she has more hair than Lily, too. : ) Congrats, you guys did well!

Janell said...

Oh Jana, what a cutie she is! It's so good to hear you are feeling so well. Wanna go walking tomorrow? :) ha ha! So when do I get to come see you and Kate?

Lindsey Lee said...

Yeah!! Happy birthday cutie Kate. What a nice short labor! Good job Jana! When can we come see her?

Gasaway Family said...

We welcome visitors anytime!

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! (I first had to scroll down to see what your 'to do' list was... ha, ha!) She is beautiful! I'm so glad your labor went fast and smooth! And walking at a normal pace?! Really? I'm impressed... but take it easy. I love the picture of your two cute kids!

Kylee Brown said...

CONGRATS!!! Let me know if you need anything!! She is beautiful!

jeannie said...

YAY!! Congrats on adorable baby kate!! You have such a cute familY!!
Glad all went well!!

Ashley Bogard said...

Hey guys, Congrats! I can't wait to meet her. I found your blog and will add you to mine. Our blog is bogardfamily.blogspot.com
The painting looks awesome!
Ashley and Jeremy

The Chambers Family said...

She is precious! Congratulations!

Tammy said...

yeah all done, she is cute! Congratulations!