CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

kate's church debut

At 2 weeks old Kate went to church today for the first time. She did great, just slept. I had so much fun getting her ready. I think her hair has a little bit of a natural curl and so I put a little gel on top to bring it out more and of course she had to have a bow, and her dress is so dang cute! I brought her downstairs and said to Brad, "look how beautiful your daughter is!" He agreed with me. She is so precious, we just love her so much.
Daylen loves his little sister, he has to give her about 500 kisses a day at least. He'll come up to her and say, "Hi Kate!" over and over and over. He seems to get older and more independent every day. He has to buckle his own seat belt in the car and in his stroller, and his vocabulary is growing like crazy. I've heard people say before that they were worried about having a second child because they didn't know how they could love another child as much or have enough love for 2. Well, I've been amazed at how much more love I have felt since having Kate. Not only do I love her, but I have felt my love for Daylen grow even more than what it was before. Children have this amazing ability to make our hearts grow bigger and feel more love than we ever thought was imaginable.
Grandma Goodwin bought Daylen a basketball hoop while she was here and he has absolutely LOVED playing with it. He has been working on his shot and trying it from farther distances. Thanks Grandma!



8 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

Its the white Jordan!

Becky said...

How cute!! Isn't life wonderful with 2 cute little ones? Can't wait to get together soon. :)

Janell said...

She really is a beauty! Love the bow! And thanks for the reassurance, because as foolish as it sounds, I often feel worried about the whole "can I love all my children the same" issue. Of course I never thought I could feel so much love before Rylan came and some days he's just so sweet I think I'm going to explode with love!!

Natalie said...

Well it looks like you've survived another week... and without your mom! How are you doing?! You look great! And Kate is beautiful! And what a great big brother!

Andrew and Lori Stewart said...

Kate was so cute at church and she has such a great big brother. By the way you look great for just having a baby!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Wow Jana! Does she have red hair like you? You have very adorable kids. It was nice finding your blog. You should check ours out sometime:
http://www.brandonandsarahritchie.blogspot.com
I don't update it too often but it is pretty fun. I am still trying to convince Rachel to start a blog of her own.
Well, congrats on Kate!
-Sarah Ritchie

Natalie said...

Hannah and I just scrolled through all the pictures on your blog. She loved seeing Daylen and Kate. I showed her your belly pictures and that the baby came out... and told her mom's (mine) will too. (Not that she gets it, but hopefully every little bit helps!) Cute kids

amber said...

hey jana! your family is so adorable!! i found your blog through natalie's, and thought i'd say hi!